Banner

Banner
Voting

Daily Verse

Sunday~
"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from you commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:9-11

Why do we try to conform God to our will? Live in His word and know true joy.

Monday~
"Make me to know your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old."
Psalm 25:4-6

God reveals the truth of our time and all time to us through Scripture.

Tuesday~
"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the tstimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple: the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb."
Psalm 19:7-10

All the laws in all the books in all the libraries of the world are but a footnote to the law of God.

Wednesday~
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

To know and understand God comes not through our intellect, but through the wisdom given to us by the grace of God.

Thursday~
"My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart."
Proverbs 3:1-3

Don't measure success by society's standards. Use Christ as your measuring stick.

Friday~
"The the LORD answered Job our of the whirlwind and said: 'Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding, Who determined its measurements - surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? Or who laid its cornerstond...?'"
Job 38:1, 4-6

When we measure God by our limited standards, we attempt to measure the elephant by weighing one strand of its hair.

Saturaday~
"Philip said to him, 'Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.' Jesus said to him, 'Have I been with you so lon, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, Show us the Father?'"
John 14:8-9

Christ is God made flesh. If you want to know God, you must draw closer to Jesus.

J.E.N.E

Patch

12.14.03

8.20.04

1.20.05

4.26.05

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Princess

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunshine

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Cupcake

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Love Bug

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Ri-Bear

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BoBo

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

NiNi

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

20th Anniversary Trip to Disney

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Wednesday, June 11th

Aunt Wendy and Uncle Laurel recommended Cantigny for Wednesday, Jason loved it...I enjoyed the beautiful house of General McCormick and gardens...the First Division Museum was fun to look at, though Jason being a HUGE history (specifically war) buff, he REALLY REALLY liked it! Price: a great value at only $7.00 for a car full!
This, of course, is us in front of General McCormick's home. We were able to tour through and I was interested to see that the bedroom of his first wife had the same floral pattern fabric that we have in our bedspread! It was also very fun to see a cutting edge, for his time, home. I think anyone with a wide range of interests could really appreciate this home. Check it out!
This is the view they had from their very stately porch!
This is inside the First Division Museum. The part I liked was how they had a few different set ups that made what the soldiers went through a reality. This depicts a trench in Cantigny, France during World War I.
Being gunned down by a very real looking soldier in the World War I exhibit.
This may have been moving onto World War II, I don't remember for sure. It was interesting because over speakers they had a phone conversation going that was relevant to what this soldier might have been saying.
This is part of the display of WWII. You sit and watch a short movie clip about getting to OMAHA Beach, and when the movie is finished the screen goes up and you walk onto the next display. They have it set up as if you were really on the beach, and what the sites would look like. Down to having the shell casings in the sand! It was incredible.
Again, if you would like more information about it, check it out here.


On to Wednesday night. We were so looking forward to meeting the pastor and people of Tabernacle Baptist Church in Hanover Park, Illinois.
Ethan all dressed and ready to get in Pete to head to Church.
Ada Grace and Daddy playing before we left for church on Wednesday night.
Jason and Pastor Black really hit it off, we ended up being at church until like 9:45 or something like that! But it wasn't just Jason talking, it was everyone. I met some wonderful people that were so helpful to me and told me some things I needed to do in order to properly care for my daughters hair. It was crazy how you just kind of felt like you were at home and we had not met anyone before! This church had been praying for our church and our family for a while, the Pastor had emailed encouraging letters to us while we were going through some tough times a few months ago, and the church people had all written in a card and sent it to us in March. It was wonderful to finally get to meet them! Again, if you are ever in this area check out this church! You can view their website here.

2 comments :

Natasha said...

We really enjoyed Cantigny also--except that Katie was a bit of a stinker that day :) Did your kids want to climb on the tanks, too?

Anonymous said...

It sure looks fun and interesting. I can only imagine how beautiful the grounds and house were!
Give my babies a hug and kiss from gram
Love you all